
On Saturday, my kids and I went up to my Brother Dale's house to spend the night and get some cousin time. We were going to camp, but Tammy suggested that we stay in their newly constructed tree house. I was all for it, and of course the kids were too. It was a great workout carrying a pack and play, a few bags of gear for the kids, and Matthew up and down the ladder. After a day of fun with the cousins, it was time for bed.... and maybe the first time ever that the prospect of going to sleep when we were with cousins wasn't met with groaning. As expected, getting the little one to bed in a new place took awhile. For Drew and Sydney it was all excitement, and the 3 of us stayed up chatting and telling stories for a little while. The weather was cool, and it rained unexpectedly at night. Still, the kids slept well (no such luck for me) and we had a great time. The next day was full of more fun... kickball game, swimming, running around in the woods, and the kind of unscheduled non-electric activities that kids need. Then it was time to go home and get ready for church. We had a great time with great company. Thanks for letting us use your tree house, Tammy.
6 comments:
you are welcome to use *my* tree house anytime! (until we have to officially turn it over to the kids :( )
The time went much to fast...as usual!
Sounds like lots of fun! Does Dale know it is "Tammy's treehouse?"
How fun! We are looking forward to seeing it soon.
Sorry, make that "Dale and Tammy's tree house". I just thought that Tammy was more likely to be the one to read this posting.
I can't believe you slept up there with your baby. My youngest (15 months) is the worst about sleeping anywhere but in his bed. You're brave. I love the picture of you and Andy from Ricks. Aahh...the memories.
Wow, you have been busy blogging! Yay. I will have to go back and read your posts and add you to my blog list. So excited.
Post a Comment