Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Drew's School Mural

Drew's elementary school received a grant to make a large mural on the outside of the school with a Chesapeake Bay theme. Each of the students created a sketch, and of those about 25 were selected to become a permanent fixture on the wall. The blue crab that Drew designed was one of the winners. He got a nice certificate and recognition at the official unveiling which was attended by local politicians and school board people, as well as the students and staff.


I think that it is easily the cutest crab that I have ever seen, and I am proud of my little artist.

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Good for Drew! A talented, left-handed aritist is very impressive. I love the crab!

Karen said...

That is so cool! His art has been immortalized! We'll have to have him take us to see it when we are there.

Alison said...

I'm sure he would love to show it off to you. It really is a cool mural and each of the students got to glue on some of the tiles, so everyone was involved.

Jill Wright said...

So cute. An artist, just like his mom!

Denise said...

That is so cool. I love it!

*~Petra~* said...

Yay! Welcome to the blogging world. It is so fun to catch up with old friends like this. Love the crab. That is fabulous. :)