Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Beach Trip Part 1: An Overview


I have too many pictures to add and too many things to say about the trip that my family took to Buxton, North Carolina last week to put in one post. So, I am going to be adding a few details and photos here and there over the next few days as I write about them. If I could have sat down the day before the trip and planned it out perfectly, this week would have been a match. The weather and water temperatures were perfect. We lounged on the beach, and climbed a lighthouse. We played in the sand, and played board games until the wee hours of the morning. There was swimming in the ocean, in the hot tub, in the inflatable baby pool, and the catching of waves. Many shovels were broken as the digging never lost it's appeal. We walked along the shore, on the look out for shells and ghost crabs. We saw sunsets, sunrises (Matt was on an early wake-up schedule) and the milky way. Sometimes, I laughed so hard that I was teary eyed and my facial muscles hurt. I spent the whole week without touching a computer or answering a phone call, and used that extra time enjoying my kids and my husband. Of course being at the beach involves wacky sleep schedules, lots of sand, sunblocking and washing of children, not to mention the noise level that comes with the excitement of 15 cousins plus the grown ups in one house. But for this mom, getting the extra memories with her family was well worth all the hours in the car, sandy kids, and sleep deprivation. It was my favorite week of the year.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Awww.

*~Petra~* said...

Oh that sounds delectable. It is everything a vacation SHOULD be. :)

Lissa said...

It really was great...we are all going through vacation withdrawl already!

The walks on the beach, the stars, the FOOD, the company, the games, the sand and the surf! I think next year I am going to upgrade the boogy board to a surf board and join you early in the waves!

Cindy said...

It was pretty close to perfect from this grandma's perspective too. I love your pictures, very artistic.

Karen said...

It was great! I am still working on how to organize my pictures...I love your pictures!