Monday, July 27, 2009

Beach Bonfire


On one of the evenings at the beach house in Buxton, North Carolina we had a campfire on the beach and smores for dessert. It was a beautiful evening, and even included a colorful sunset (shown above: sea grass on the dune off the walkway to the house).


There I am, roasting marshmallows for the kids (photo courtesy of my mom).


A chocolate faced Sydney talks to Dad.


The one photo that includes the whole gang. My family is all the way on the left.

Matt loves graham crackers.


Sydney with one of her favorite cousins, Melissa.

Most of the kids were hard at work on this project after dessert.

4 comments:

Denise said...

How cute is Matt. It looks like lots of fun.

Cindy said...

A real highlight! And yes, Matt is cute!

Jen said...

Oh, I miss the "real" beach so much. When we lived in NC I would keep the beach cart in the van, so we could just go anytime we felt the need.

Looks like a beautiful night and great time!

Karen said...

The fire was totally fun. We'll have to do it again next year.