Monday, May 25, 2009

Cracking the Whip

A few weeks ago, I watched the old movie "The Ten Commandments" with Drew and Sydney. They were really into it, and I was able to explain the concept of slavery since the movie portrays the life of Moses and his change from being Prince of Egypt to becoming a Hebrew slave.

Today I asked Drew to bring the ketchup and mustard outside for our backyard cookout. He breathed a deep sigh, and sadly said "I'm like a Hebrew" as he headed back in for the condiments. I guess that makes me the Egyptian whip-cracker. I got a good laugh out of it... but I don't think that was the reaction that he was going for.

3 comments:

hdknowles said...

I love it - I'll have to see if I can bring The Ten Commandments into a conversation with Sidney during Primary. I'll let you know if anything comes of it.

Karen said...

Shayne always thinks he is being wronged in some way when he is working hard.

Cindy said...

I know several people who thought of me much like the whipcrackers.