Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Breakfast in Bed



This may be a breach of blogging etiquette, but since I am new to this maybe it can be overlooked. Mothers Day was a few weeks ago, but I wanted to write down how amazing my Mothers Day was this year. Drew had asked me a few days before Mothers Day what I wanted. He suggested a Lego set. I said that my wish was for a good breakfast.

The first thing that I saw on Mothers Day morning was Drew's beaming face hovering near my bed at 6:30. He said "Happy Mothers Day Mom! I made you breakfast." He had placed on my bedside table a bowl of cereal and milk that he had poured several minutes earlier. There was also my morning staple-- a frosty mug of chocolate milk. Only this chocolate milk was accidentally mixed using water instead of milk. I took an enthusiastic swallow and ate some cereal and raved about how delicious it all was. Drew got up and did it all on his own, he is just that kind of a kid.

Andy and the kids did a great job on my breakfast #2 (the one Andy had been planning on) with cinnamon rolls, sausage, eggs and the works. They also gave me my favorite chocolate. Sydney made an adorable card with a drawing of me on it and my name (she spells it omom) and was full of hugs and kisses. Later, the men in the family did a bbq for us at my mom's house and everyone had a great time on a perfect day. I feel so fortunate everyday to be the mother of my 3 amazing little people, but this day was especially wonderful.

2 comments:

Jason said...

I'm jealous! I wish I got breakfast in bed. On the flip side, sorry to hear about Sydney's stitches. Jacqui was sad for her too. I hope she is feeling better. Love, Jessica

Cindy said...

They are amazing!!