As the time for our family vacation to Cape Hatteras, North Carolina approached, I wondered how it would go being without Andy this year. Usually, he does the driving and I do the kid duty. This year, I got to do both. I loaded up on books on cd from the library, had our favorite music ready and loads of snacks. We broke the trip down into 2 again this year, and stayed in a hotel a few hours away from the beach. The trip home is just one really long day, but for the way down, it is preferable to give ourselves more time at the beach on Saturday by arriving early. We don't stay in hotels much, and the kids made themselves right at home jumping from bed to bed. We had a nice swim in the pool before heading to bed.
On the way in, we stopped at Oregon Island Inlet to eat our Taco Bell picnic and get some wiggles out. This is a great place for the little ones especially, as you can walk out at least the length of a football field and still be in shallow, calm water.
I didn't necessarily intend for everyone to get wet and sandy just yet, but felt like I wanted them to explore it to their hearts content. So, we made the last leg of our trip with wet clothes.
Sydney liked running through the water.
I wanted to take a lovely shot of the 3 of them walking back up the path to the car, but this was the best that I could do. They are fast walkers. The road tripping went pretty well. The tantrums were fairly minimal (mostly mine probably). The only near death experience was when I had to swerve off the road for a tour bus that came over 2 lanes to get on the exit ramp right where I was. For a real adventure, I should have taken a shot of what the back seat of my car looked like... just visualize toys, food wrappers, squished raisins and goldfish crumbs galore.
5 comments:
Wow, you did it and have lots of pictures to make it look easy. I'm impressed.
Looks like fun~ love you guys!
Yarrow post: That was incredibly cute!! Yarrow is a very good sport to have dealt with stickers all over himself...!
Beach 1: You must have handled your solo trip very well because you did not seem frazzled in the least when we met up with you...I definately did not see evidence of tantrums...but your kids are so good..I can't imagine you ever having to loose your patience with them...
How could you possibly have trouble with those angels?
That was a fun trip down. I think the extra day is a morale booster because no one seems to completely loose his or her mind like they seemed to when we did it all in one day (at least in our car anyway...)
Post a Comment