Andy and I got our cat Yarrow a few months before we got Drew. So, Sydney has known him for her entire 5 years. She has always loved him, and Yarrow was one of her first words (WaWoah), as it has been for each of the 3 kids. But lately, those two have grown even closer, as Sydney has discovered that he is a living creature who will consent to being showered with her affection and even dressed up without scratching her. Oddly enough, he puts up with it. Is it because I don't pet him enough, or because he's getting older and doesn't feel like running away, or does he love it as much as she does? One thing is certain... he does look handsome in a tie and ribbons.
She likes to put out her arms like a forklift and carry him around like this for minutes at a time. One day she covered him in Tinkerbell stickers, and when she was done he went under my bed and got them off. I often expect him to run away or get irritated, but he usually sticks around for more. I guess he must like it too.
5 comments:
What a patient kitty! I love that Sydney loves your cat so much and treats him like a best friend/member of the family. Happy birthday to your Yarrow! Oh, and I also love that you said you got your cat a few months before you got Drew :).
While visiting us last week Karen went out to the car to get something late one night. Yarrow started hissing at her (a stranger to him) for coming into our house. Apparently Yarrow is the guard for our house too. What a great cat!!
That picture of him all dressed up is hilarious. Yes, he did hiss at me.
That is one freakin huge cat!!!! :)
Our new kitty, Sadie is like that. She will put up with just about anything from my kids and doesn't seem to realize that she could in fact run away and hide. But she sticks around, so I guess she secretly loves all the attention. Love that shot of Yarrow all dressed up in ties:)
Post a Comment