Friday, August 14, 2009

Sleepy Panda Bear


In July, we were lucky enough to have my sister Karen and her family here for a few days. One thing that we do every summer is make a trip to the National Zoo in D.C. together, since it is always a crowd-pleaser with the kids. Ususally the Panda Bear is kind of a let-down, because it is hiding out behind a rock or something. This time, the panda was taking a nap right up by the display window and we were able to get a good look at it. I was a little jealous of the bear's nap taking skills.


Matt liked watching the tortoises crawl along by his feet.


Sydney cools off in the mister.


The 7 year old elephant is like a 7 year old boy, and had fun submurging his ball and letting it shoot up out of the water again.


Sydney spies an alligator.


One of our favorite parts... the giant pizza. Where else can you fling a big mushroom slice at a cousin and jump off of a huge wedge of cheese? My niece Maya is on the tomato, with Drew and Shayne on the olive.


Drew jumps off of the tomato.

2 comments:

Jen said...

We never did get a chance to go to any of the zoos when we lived there. I bet you guys had a great time.

Karen said...

Somehow I missed this post...I thought I had read all of them! That was a totally fun day :)