We were fortunate to have Thanksgiving this year at Andy's parents home in the Salt Lake City area. Drew and Sydney immediately clicked with their cousins who they don't get to see often enough. Most of them were in a gray sweater mood it seemed, from the photo above (Drew, Jessie, Jacqui, and Jay).
Drew displays his olive-hands. The Watson's (except for me, being born a Kelley) have a love of black olives that has been genetically transferred to my kids as well, and it is a traditional appetizer at Thanksgiving.
Don't the appetizers look delicious?
They were made by Andy's sisters, Melissa and Jessica and they tasted great... maybe a little too great, as I think I was getting close to being full before the turkey was even carved.
Sydney and Jacqui are only a few months apart in age, and were instant BFF's. I loved listening in on the little conversations that they had, and the constant hugging and little girl things that they did together.
I had a choice to make... sit down and eat, or take pictures of everyone else eating. Of course, I chose to eat, so these pictures are when most of the meal was winding down. The food was delicious. I contributed the corn pudding that is traditional from my side of the family and some sweet potatoes. Drew got to sit at the big kid table with his older cousins and Sydney had fun goofing off at the younger kid table, where there was not much actual eating going on.
Andy's parents take a moment to sit and relax before the rest of the work on Thanksgiving begins, the clean-up. But, it was a team effort and didn't seem to take too long.
Ben and Becky.
Matt gets a ride from his big brother.
Matt relaxes in a chair that is just his size. If I had known ahead of time that he would have such a cute look on his face, I would have moved the stuff out of the background. Darn.
Naturally, things weren't all happy all the time. Sydney shows her displeasure about something, but about 20 minutes later, I found this....
After so much playing and so many late nights, Sydney finally crashes at around 4:00. Cousin Jacqui was sweet enough to leave some little pieces of twizzler by her face for a nice wake-up treat.
The day ended with delicious pies and game playing, and finally Matt and I giving each other tickles.
4 comments:
I love the pictures of Andy and Drew and you and Matt. SO cute. I need that corn pudding recipe, I love that stuff. The finger olives are a tradition at our house as well. It is good to know that we are in good company with our fabulous table manners.
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. I can't wait to get them from my parents. I love how the kids played together. I only wish we lived closer for them to play more. Jacqui still wants to have a nightgown so she can be like her cousin Sydney! We miss you guys!
Great post and it looks like you had a good time.
How fun! I'll bet it was great to see everyone!
Post a Comment