While we were in Utah, we made it down to St. George to visit my grandma, which I will write about more in the next post. Here are probably too many pictures of one of America's little treasures: Snow Canyon. This was the first trip to the desert for my kids, and the first time that I have been in almost a decade. It was beautiful.
Sydney as "Indy-girl" (her name for herself when she plays Indiana Jones with Drew), complete with the theme music as she jumped from rock to rock.
Matt enjoys this giant red sandbox. It was windy and cold in the evening when we got there after our long drive from Salt Lake, so we came back the next day for more exploring.
We went on a hike called "Jenny's Canyon" and it ended with this great slot canyon.
Matt is going boneless as Drew tries to hold him for a picture.
Oh no! A snake in the narrow canyon. At least I was fully convinced that it was for a full minute, and was figuring out how to get Drew back safely from the other side when someone (not me) figured out that it was fake. Some practical joker got me good.
Fun little caves were everywhere, and Drew got to use his climbing skills a lot.
The rubber snake becomes the newest toy in our family, as Sydney adopted it.
I realize that my posts are too long, but I had a hard time narrowing it down to this many pictures. It really was a perfect day for exploring the desert, and I was especially photo-happy.
6 comments:
Great pictures! I've been to Snow Canyon many times without seeing that slot canyon. I'll catch it next time.
I don't think it is long at all. I miss southern Utah. Thanks for the reminder.
I don't think your posts are too long either. I love looking at your pictures, and I'm glad you got to go there with your family!
These are great! the snake is hilarious! We sure missed you guys but it was nice that you got to see everyone out west...
"Going boneless"...hilarious. Just like his uncle Tom used to, remember? Those are great photos. It is a beautiful part of the country.
Looks quite the opposite from the east coast white we've all been dealing with. Looks like a very cool place.
Post a Comment