Friday, October 23, 2009

Rainy Weekend


This past weekend was rainy and cold, and Andy was in Utah for his grandfathers' funeral. Any activities outside were not possible, so we made our own fun at home. I think I called it a "fall celebration" in an attempt to make it interesting. I started up the first fire of the season in the fireplace. We made caramel apples, and the kids added whatever sprinkles and toppings were available in the pantry (mini-marshmallows, M&M's).


I didn't really intend for Matt to be involved just yet, but this happened in the 30 seconds that it took to run and get my camera. He has kept me especially busy these past few days... but that's a post all it's own.


While the caramel was setting up, we enjoyed the fire and watched some Halloween cartoons.

Mmmm.... caramel apples.

5 comments:

Jen said...

I love me some carmel apples...yum! I also love mulled apple cider this time of year.

hdknowles said...

I told Sydney that next time you make caramel apples to call me - I love them. Looks like everyone had a good time.

Karen said...

How fun! Great picture of your fire too!

Jill Wright said...

You're such a cute mom Alison. I don't know why, but that post reminded me of when you and I would get home from our skiing/snowboarding day trips and order Fongs, have HC (hot chocolate), and watch movies in Birch 118.

Megan said...

YUM! You are a good mom! And I'm smiling about Jill's comment! Mostly just remember the orange chicken from Fong's! Then I was thinking that it was interesting that you and Bec both have 4 yr old girls name Sydney!