Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Please stay little forever


I love the feeling of this warm little lump of a boy leaning on me, resting his head on my shoulder, his small arms barely reaching around to the back of my neck and his legs limp against my sides. He trusts me completely, and his love is unconditional. He does not want anything from me, only to be loved and to give him the hugs that he craves. I rest my cheek on his downy hair and give him another little squeeze. We hold each other like that for awhile everyday, always before bed, or any other time. Suddenly he grabs my face with his hands, gives me a huge smile, and says "mmwwahh" in an exaggerated kiss as he plants his slightly open mouth on my cheek.

I already feel that these moments are coming less frequently, and it makes me a little bit sad. Please stay little forever, Matt. If not, just don't get too big to give your mom a hug.

4 comments:

Denise said...

I can't write much because the screen is all blurry from my tears...

Jill Wright said...

He looks just like YOU! What a doll. I feel the same way. I've never had a snuggler with my other kids, but Crew totally loves me, and it's so nice. He and Matt would have fun. When are we going to get these families of ours together?

Cindy said...

HOW SWEET!!! And he loves his grandma like that too. What a great little guy.

Karen said...

It made me cry too! Mine are already too big for mom sometimes, but at least not all the time. He is such a sweetheart!