Monday, February 21, 2011

On Neglect


I am guilty of neglecting my blog lately. Over a year ago, I reluctantly jumped into the blogging world feeling as if I really didn't need another obligation taking up more space in my life. Still, I have enjoyed it much more than I thought I would... both looking back and reading about certain events or feelings that I had, and keeping up with friends who blog. Since I made the decision to keep a blog, I should lovingly care for it like a garden. Sadly, when I garden I get all excited about it in the winter and work hard all spring but once the lazy days of summer set in and the weeds go crazy, and there are adventures to be had and pools to swim in, things get let go more than they should. I am re-focusing my efforts to give the attention to blogging that it deserves... and gardening.

So I have a lot to catch up on.

The question is always the same.... Do I do posts of all of the things that I thought I should write about, or just start from now? We'll see I guess.

The photo above is the indoor garden of lettuces, spinach, and green onion and it's doing quite well on my kitchen window ledge.... and the photo below is of Matt because I think that he's cute.

4 comments:

Denise said...

Glad to see you back. I want to hear about your new home and how you are liking it. I love the pic of Matt. What kind of camera do you have?

Cindy said...

He is a cutie!

Alison said...

Thanks! My camera is a Canon EOS Rebel XTi. I got it for my birthday a few years ago, and I think that it is the most used and loved b-day present that I have ever had. I still have a lot to learn with it though, and hopefully will take a photo class in a few months.

Karen said...

He is so cute! I haven't posted anything in 2 months and really need to get better too...