Sydney is preparing for Kindergarten at the end of the summer (crazy!), so she did a few things out of her comfort zone that she turned out really loving by the end. The first was her little dance class. Sydney was afraid to start it because she said that she was shy and didn't want to perform in front of other people. That changed after about 5 minutes into her first class... she loved it. The instructor was great, she had a lot of fun with the girls but didn't put up with any misbehaving. On the last day of class, they did a little beach themed recital. Here is a blurry photo of Sydney taking a leap, and I am even it this one thanks to all of the mirrors... can you find me?
The group photo at the end. Sydney really learned a lot in dance, and it is definitely something that we will keep going with. Oh-- her favorite part of every class was the solo dance with the long ribbon on a stick (which probably has a fancier name than that). One of my favorite parts about dance class was that parents weren't allowed in on regular nights, and the library was next door. I got a lot more reading in over those months because of it.
She also attended a preschool program at a local high school. The price was extremely affordable, which was nice for me because I didn't feel a sense of wasted money when we would skip a class. At the begining, Sydney didn't like preschool so much. By the end, she really enjoyed herself. I'm not sure if she learned a ton beyond what she learned at home, but they did lots of cute art projects that she had fun with.
Sydney's favorite part of every preschool day was playing with friends in the kitchen and zooming around on tricycles.
3 comments:
I'm glad Sydney got to do all those great things, and enjoyed them along they way! I think it's high time that I get Evi involved in some more things and reading your post is extra motivation! Thanks! Also, I feel silly for not even knowing what's been going on with Andy. I knew he was going to Utah cause my mom told me they were on the same flight, but I guess I figured it was a short trip. I've missed getting to catch up at playgroup in the last several weeks. Good luck with your decision making; I know it's not an easy one. I'll add some extra prayers for you guys to get the confirmation that you are looking for.
She is so cute. I can't believe that she will be in Kindergarten! What will you do with only one child around? Wow!
How fun! Both my kids really ended up liking preschool too. Leaving preschool is such a bittersweet experience for the mamas.
Post a Comment